Cap and Gown Pick-Up: Graduating Seniors
Graduating seniors are invited to celebrate your accomplishments as an LMU student before Commencement 2017. Pick-up your cap and gown and learn about ways to stay involved as you transition from students to alumni.
Please arrive anytime during the times listed below.
Tuesday, April 4 - Thursday, April 6, 2017 | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, April 7, 2017 | 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
St. Robert’s Auditorium
Allow approximately 15 minutes to complete the following:
- Complete a brief survey on your post-graduation plans and goals. This information will help Career and Professional Development support your next steps after LMU.
- Pick-up your pre-ordered cap and gown (you can purchase at this event if you did not previously)
- Get information about Commencement Weekend (Friday, May 5 - Sunday, May 7, 2017)
- Cap and gown required for Commencement
- Pledge your gift to Senior Legacy
Who will be there?
Completion of the post-graduation survey is required before you may pick-up your pre-ordered cap and gown. If you did not preorder, you may purchase everything you need at this event. All survey participants will receive a 20% off coupon for a single clothing or gift item to be used at this event or in The Bookstore.
Career and Professional Development
CPD Career Coaches will be on hand to administer the post-graduation survey you will take upon entering the event. This information will be used for future programming and services to support LMU alumni. For students still seeking post-graduation plans, information on alumni career resources will be available.
Learn about opportunities, benefits, and ways to stay connected and build your network with the LMU Alumni Association after graduation. As a graduating senior, you automatically become a member of the Alumni Association and your lifetime membership is free. Complete a “Gift Buck Slip” form at the table to show your gratitude towards someone on campus and learn more about Senior Legacy.
The Office of the Registrar will be available to answer general questions regarding the 2016 Commencement Ceremonies and the degree application process. An FAQ card will be provided to all seniors.
Student Leadership & Development
Pick-up your copy of "A Lion's Guide to Adulting: Life After LMU", a handy resource guide for all things "real world" that you might encounter once you leave the Bluff. Information will be available regarding the remaining Senior programs for the semester - including Senior Week!
What else can I expect at After LMU: Cap and Gown Pick-Up?
- First 100 attendees each day will receive free LMU swag
- Alumni Relations Photo Booth station with props
- VIP Table at Senior Banquet & Ball winner will be announced
- Food and refreshments
For more information, contact Career and Professional Development at 310.338.2871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.