Graduate School Fair 2017
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 | Noon - 3 p.m. | University Hall
A third of LMU graduates plan to attend graduate school following graduation. Will you be next? Explore your possibilities!
The Graduate School Fair gives students the opportunity to attain information on admission requirements, summer programs and fellowship opportunities. Even if graduate school is a few years away, the fair provides helpful information in planning and preparing for your graduate school experience. Meet with representatives from medicine, law, education, public affairs, accounting, and more.
- Review the Graduate School Guide
- Update Your Resume - our drop-in hours are M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Von der Ahe 135
- Research graduate schools - Visit Handshake today to view a list of institutions
- Attend a Prep Session to fine-tune your application and personal statement, develop your resume, and cultivate confidence for graduate school fair events
- Prepare questions for schools of interest based on your research
October 17 - 19 | 12:30 p.m. | VDA 241
- Choose the right grad school program
- Finance your education
- Write a strong personal statement
- Make your application stand out
Thursday, October 19 | 4 - 5 p.m. | VDA 241
Learn about the application process, how to select an institution, and how to effectively speak to recruiters.
Graduate School Panel
Wednesday, October 18 | 7 - 8 p.m. | VDA 240
Current graduate students will provide insights into the search and application process.
Need to ask a quick question or get a referral to a campus resource about grad school? Stop by the Grad School Academy tables throughout the week to answer your grad school questions on researching programs, financing your education, writing your personal statement or tips on how to apply.
- Monday, October 16 | 12-2 p.m. | Alumni Mall Crossroads
- Tuesday, October 17 | 1-3 p.m. | O'Malley Lawn
- Thursday, October 19 | 12-2 p.m. | Lawton Plaza/Palm Walk
- Friday, October 20 | 2-4 p.m. | Hearrean Plaza (Outside of the Lair)
RSVP through Handshake
When should you start thinking about graduate school?
The general consensus among graduate school representatives is that students really should begin thinking about graduate school sometime during their junior year if they wish to go directly from college to graduate school immediately. Admission counselors agreed that the earlier students figure out what they want to do, it will only help them in taking classes geared toward the graduate school degree they wish to obtain.
Is applying to graduate school like applying to college? Do you need to take any tests?
Each program is different. For the most part, whether it be medical school, law school, an MBA, or a masters of Psychology- they all have tests. Most admission counselors advised students to first take these tests during the end of their junior year, so that they may focus on their applications during their senior year of college. If the first round does not go too well, their still is time senior year to re take this test.
Has the economy affected your chances of acceptance?
Some schools have seen an increase in applicants, while others have not. Students should keep in mind that if more students are staying in school that the earlier they get started on the process, the more time they will have to spend on studying for the required exam, or completing their applications.
Contact Cassandra Bailey at email@example.com.