What is The Pride?
The Pride is Loyola Marymount University's online mentoring platform. The Pride is available free and exclusively to all 75,000-plus Lions worldwide and allows LMU alumni to connect, network, and provide meaningful mentoring to current students and one another. This platform allows Lions to search for fellow alumni by company, region, major, campus involvement, and more to build professional connections.
The Pride is your destination for meaningful connections with the LMU community whether you want to mentor current students and fellow alumni or get advice regarding your own career journey.
The Pride was built with your busy schedule in mind. The program allows alumni to control their availability and level of participation with the ability to:
- Limit the number of inbound meeting requests per month.
- 'Flash' mentor a student or fellow alumnus. Flash mentoring refers to one-time opportunities to get coffee or take a single phone call.
- Answer crowd-sourced questions from the LMU community.
- Explore groups: Join alumni and students from similar LMU affinities or interests to share industry trends, networking tips and events, post resources, and much more.
How to access The Pride
You can log in to The Pride via LinkedIn or personal email (do not use your Lion email). The first time you log in, you will be asked a few questions in order to personalize and complete your profile. This will take no more than 5 minutes.
The Pride Mobile App
- Visit The Pride on your mobile device browser (use Safari on your iOS device)
- Log in
- Follow the prompts to "Add to Home Screen"
What makes a successful user of The Pride?
As an alumni user of The Pride, you are a guide, friend, and resource who shares your professional experience to pave the way for current students to succeed at LMU and beyond.
You are also engaged with your fellow alumni, offering guidance to those looking to make a career change to your field, or sharing “what you wish you knew” with recent graduates.
You are NOT expected to offer jobs or internships to students or alumni, or to have all the answers!