VMock SMART Resume Platform
Career and Professional Development has partnered with VMock Inc. to help you create a powerful resume and accelerate your career journey.
VMock, a 24-7 online resume-review tool, leverages technologies like data-science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant personalized feedback on your resume based on criteria gathered from employers and global best practices – from anywhere, at any time of the day.
Simply create an account, upload your resume, and VMock will give you:
- An aggregate resume score to assess the strength of your resume benchmarked against your own LMU peer group
- Resume guidelines based on your school template to ensure that you do not miss the fine details and establish a great first impression
- Feedback on how well you have marketed your core competencies to showcase the right skill set reflected in academics, experience, achievements etc.
- Line-by-line suggestions to improve your resume content in view of your course and level of experience
VMock is designed to work with resumes from many different fields across various industries. Once you receive the detailed feedback, make relevant changes to the resume and re-upload it to see the increased score and associated improvements.
Follow the steps below to get started with VMock!
- Click red "Continue with University ID" button
- You will be redirected to the MyLMU log-in screen. Click blue "Log-In" button
- Click red "Sign Up" button
- Complete your profile by submitting the following:
- Are you an undergraduate student
- Select industry most interested in
- Upload your resume in PDF format. Your resume will be scored on 3 principles: Impact, Presentation, and Competencies.
- After your resume has been scored, click on the blue “Get Started Now” button
- You may make changes and upload your resume up to 10 times in an effort to improve your score and refine your resume.
- Once your resume has scored 75, upload it to Handshake in order to apply for internships and job opportunities.
NOTE: You may re-upload your resume up to 10 times for further feedback. Remember that VMock does not replace coming in for a resume review, but it does help you edit your resume to the point where it makes appointments more productive and meaningful.
We have partnered with VMock to help you in your resume preparation; however, this is not a replacement for career coach feedback. You will have the opportunity to have your resume reviewed by career coaches after you have put your resume through the VMock system and have follow the suggested feedback. Once you have done this, you may then attend a resume review session with a career coach.
You have 10 opportunities to upload your resume to make it the best you can through VMock. We advise that you keep some of these uploads in reserve so you can make further changes after your coaching sessions and throughout your time at LMU.
Please note that although this system will help you to develop your resume and will give you some practical feedback, you should not get fixated on the overall benchmark scores. Resumes are subjective and the system reflects this. We are therefore not aiming for 100% and if you achieve 75%, you are well on your way to a great resume.
Having trouble logging in? Please contact Career and Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.338.2871 with any questions.