Mane Apparel is a student-run on-campus program that provides students with appropriate attire for career fairs, interviews, and networking. Inventory includes suits, blazers, skirts, button-down shirts, and more. The only cost to students is a cleaning fee after use.
Do you have an upcoming job interview, but nothing to wear? Never fear, the Mane Apparel is here! Beginning Spring 2018 bring your student ID and come “shop” the closet for free.
Let us help you land your dream job or interview. You have prepared for this opportunity, why not feel and look your best too! Come see what is in our closet.
How it Works
- Stop by CPD.
No need to schedule an appointment, just visit LMU's Mane Apparel in person at VDA 135 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Choose your business attire to rent.
During your visit you can try on different pieces of professional attire to find a size and style that suits you. You will have one week to use the attire for important interviews, networking events, and other occasions where you want to make a strong first impression. Under certain circumstances, the rental period can be extended to accommodate students who may need to rent attire for periods longer than one week.
- Return your business attire after having it dry cleaned for a small fee.
Before you return the attire, you must have it dry cleaned. Main Apparel will provide you with a coupon for Rowena's Cleaners (8430 Lincoln Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045), or you are welcome to use an alternate dry cleaner of your choice. All you will need to do after that is return the attire to VDA 135 during normal business hours.
- Stop by CPD.
We are accepting donations of clean, in good condition, and recent style items to stock our closet. Please consider donating your gently used professional attire.
The following items are needed:
Clean, gently-used or new clothing and other professional accessories are requested for men and women, all sizes:
- Two-piece suits
- Jackets and blazers
- Blouses and dress shirts
- Dress pants and skirts
- Ties, belts, and accessories
- Briefcases and portfolios
- Clothes should be cleaned appropriately and on hangers
- Clothes should be good to excellent quality and purchased within the last five years/current with fashion
A donation receipt will be given if requested at time of donation. Donor must provide:
- Name and conact information
- List of items donated with brief description (Item description may be for example, five suits, three dresses, two shoes, etc.)
- Date of the donation and contact information.
The receipt will only reflect the brief description of the items donated, no monetary amount. Visit donationguide.com for assistance on how to value your donation. We recommend you contact your tax consultant to determine valuation, reporting and receipting of in-kind contributions. Donated clothing that does not meet the above criteria will be donated to Goodwill.
Donations can be dropped off or mailed to:
LMU - Career and Professional Development
Attn: Mane Apparel
1 LMU Dr.
Von der Ahe 135
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- We will accept donation drop-offs Monday to Friday anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (excluding University Holidays)
- Park in loading zone behind Von Der Ahe Building for quick drop offs
- Let us know when you are coming, and we will arrange to collect items from your vehicle
To make a donation or for information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.