Cap and Gown Pick-Up: Graduating Seniors
Graduating seniors are invited to celebrate your accomplishments as an LMU student before Commencement 2019. Pick-up your cap and gown and learn about ways to stay involved as you transition from students to alumni.
Please arrive anytime during the times listed below.
Tuesday, April 9 - Thursday, April 11, 2019 | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, April 12, 2019 | 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
St. Robert’s Auditorium
Allow approximately 15 minutes to complete the following:
- Complete a brief survey on your post-graduation plans and goals. This information will help Career and Professional Development support your next steps after LMU.
- Pick-up your pre-ordered cap and gown (you can purchase at this event if you did not previously; cash and credit-card accepted)
- Get information about Commencement Weekend (Friday, May 10 - Sunday, May 12, 2019)
- Grab your tickets to Senior Bash and make a pledge towards your Senior Legacy Gift
- Cap and gown required for Commencement
Who will be there?
Completion of the post-graduation survey is required before you may pick-up your pre-ordered cap and gown. If you did not preorder, you may purchase everything you need at this event.
Career and Professional Development
CPD Career Coaches will be on hand to administer the post-graduation survey you will take upon entering the event. This information will be used for future programming and services to support LMU alumni. For students still seeking post-graduation plans, information on alumni career resources and guides will be available.
Learn about opportunities, benefits, and ways to stay connected and build your network with the LMU Alumni Association after graduation. As a graduating senior, you automatically become a member of the Alumni Association and your lifetime membership is free. To welcome you into the Alumni Association, we're celebrating you at Senior Bash. Visit our table for more details on this event and to learn more about your Senior Legacy Gift.
The Office of the Registrar will be available to distribute name cards and answer general questions regarding the 2018 Commencement Ceremonies and the degree application process. A photo ID is required to pick-up your name card.
Pick-up your copy of "A Lion's Guide to Adulting: Life After LMU", a handy resource guide for all things "real world" that you might encounter once you leave the Bluff. Financial Aid counselors will be on hand to provide financial literacy information as well as assist with any questions regarding student loan repayment options.
Highlight your accomplishment and your LMU pride with jewelry designs ranging from the fresh and modern, to the timeless and traditional. Jostens Collegiate Jewelry is made in America, and offers a wide array of styles and customizations to tell your story and complement your style. Let your college ring, bracelet, locket or tag serve as a symbol of your achievement and a reminder of all the memories you made on your LMU journey. SPECIAL EVENT ONLY PRICING!
What else can I expect at After LMU: Cap and Gown Pick-Up?
- Photo Booth station with props and Iggy the Lion
- Food and refreshments
- University Credit Union table
- Information from Student Leadership & Development on Senior programs, including Senior Week (Stay updated on Class of 2019 events by following the Senior Experience Page on LEO and LMU Class of 2019 on Facebook)
For more information, contact Career and Professional Development at 310.338.2871 or email@example.com.