Pathways in Entertainment
Thursday, February 6, 2020 | 7:00 PM | Roski Dining, UHALL
Join LMU alumni and your fellow students in a conversation about bridging the professional gap between graduation and meaningful employment in the entertainment industry.
- Where: Roski Dining, University Hall
- When: Thursday, February 6, 2020; Event begins at 7pm.
- Who: Open to all class levels
- What: Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments provided
- Cost: Free to students and alumni
Who will be there?
Accomplished alumni, CPD career coaches, and students like you who are interested to hear from successful entertainment industry professionals.
Why Should I Attend?
- Discover the paths that entertainment industry professionals have taken while in pursuit of their careers
- Build connections and expand your network with working LMU alumni
- Gain confidence that you will succeed beyond graduation
How Should I Dress?
Business casual attire is recommended for this event.
Questions about their career path/training
- How did you get into this field?
- What has your career path been like to date? Is it representative of most people in this kind of position?
- What kind of education/training do you have?
- Are you a member of any professional orders or associations? Which ones do you feel are the most important to belong to?
- What are the future prospects in this field? What trends do you see developing over the next few years?
- If you could do things all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself?
Questions about their current position and responsibilities
- What does a typical day/week in your job look like?
- What do you enjoy the most about your job? The least?
- What skills have you found essential for success in this occupation?
- Could you tell me about one of the main challenges you face in this position?
Questions about working conditions
- How many hours do you work in a typical week?
- How much autonomy do you have in terms of what you focus on at work?
- What kind of supervision did you have when you were starting out? Now?
- How is your performance evaluated?
- What kind of professional development opportunities are available?
- What advice would you have liked to have heard when you were starting out?
- How would you recommend I “try out” this line of work (i.e. through a summer job, internship, volunteering…)?
- What other fields or jobs would you suggest I research before making a final decision?
Some information adapted from the Yale Office for Postdoctoral Affairs
Christopher Burbidge ’05
Head of Talent
Rod Carriollo-Lundgren ’10
Head of Development
Latin World Entertainment
Megan Stacey ’14
Contact Elena Muslar at firstname.lastname@example.org.