Pathways in Entertainment
Thursday, February 6, 2020 | 7:00 PM | Roski Dining, UHALL
Join LMU alumni and your fellow students in a conversation about bridging the professional gap between graduation and meaningful employment in the entertainment industry.
- Where: Roski Dining, University Hall
- When: Thursday, February 6, 2020; Event begins at 7pm.
- Who: Open to all class levels
- What: Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments provided
- Cost: Free to students and alumni
Who will be there?
Accomplished alumni, CPD career coaches, and students like you who are interested to hear from successful entertainment industry professionals.
Why Should I Attend?
- Discover the paths that entertainment industry professionals have taken while in pursuit of their careers
- Build connections and expand your network with working LMU alumni
- Gain confidence that you will succeed beyond graduation
How Should I Dress?
Business casual attire is recommended for this event.
Questions about their career path/training
- How did you get into this field?
- What has your career path been like to date? Is it representative of most people in this kind of position?
- What kind of education/training do you have?
- Are you a member of any professional orders or associations? Which ones do you feel are the most important to belong to?
- What are the future prospects in this field? What trends do you see developing over the next few years?
- If you could do things all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself?
Questions about their current position and responsibilities
- What does a typical day/week in your job look like?
- What do you enjoy the most about your job? The least?
- What skills have you found essential for success in this occupation?
- Could you tell me about one of the main challenges you face in this position?
Questions about working conditions
- How many hours do you work in a typical week?
- How much autonomy do you have in terms of what you focus on at work?
- What kind of supervision did you have when you were starting out? Now?
- How is your performance evaluated?
- What kind of professional development opportunities are available?
- What advice would you have liked to have heard when you were starting out?
- How would you recommend I “try out” this line of work (i.e. through a summer job, internship, volunteering…)?
- What other fields or jobs would you suggest I research before making a final decision?
Some information adapted from the Yale Office for Postdoctoral Affairs
Hannah Baker ’18
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Red Hour Films
Christopher Burbidge ’05
Head of Talent
Kristin Holt ’15
William Morris Endeavor
Rod Carriollo-Lundgren ’10
Head of Development
Latin World Entertainment
Megan Stacey ’14
Contact Elena Muslar at email@example.com.